I thought these two went perfectly together! When we work together as a family, with God, we are unstoppable! The world is ours to conquer!
What I wonder is, how do I become a better sister for my younger siblings? What do we need to do to be an unstoppable family?
The sons of Mosiah in the Book of Mormon were strong individuals, but with the Lord, they were able to come together to bring to pass much righteousness (D&C 58:27). They give a wonderful example of suggestions. I took this from a talk by Daniel K. Judd… it’s a really good one!
- “Confess[ed] all their sins” (Mosiah 27:35).
- “Searched the scriptures diligently, that they might know the word of God” (Alma 17:2).
- “Had given themselves to much prayer, and fasting” (Alma 17:3).
- “Had the spirit of prophecy, and the spirit of revelation” (Alma 17:3).
- Sought for “a portion of [the] Spirit to go with them” (Alma 17:9).
- “Taught with power and authority of God” (Alma 17:3).
So in modern language we:
- Ask for forgiveness & forgive our family
- Have daily family scripture study together
- Hold daily family prayer & on occasion, fast together
- Seek to have the Spirit in the home, by wholesome recreation & language
- Have a weekly Family Home Evening, invite even the youngest to teach
These things have helped my family become closer together, stronger & unstoppable. Doesn’t mean bad things don’t happen, they are just easier to get through together. And I know that is true because I’ve lived it!